Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas. We had such a fun weekend with the kids and my parents. Most kids wake up early Christmas morning so excited to see what Santa brought. My kids being their usual sleepy selves had to be woken up at 8:00 when my parents came over to see all the gifts they had recieved. For the first year I think both Jackson and Emerson really began to understand the whole present thing. Well, at least Jackson did. Emerson seemed to love opening the first gift but then that was enough. She was so preoccupied with the $4.00 doll I bought from Walmart that she would care less about all the gifts that I spent so much time picking out and wrapping.

Every year we act out the navity scene, but since the other grandkids were not here this year Jackson and Emerson had to play multiple parts, and when one half of the cast does not care to cooperate it makes for an extremely complicated play.

Every year we try and get the kids Christmas pajamas. They love wearing them and having something special to sleep in. As you can see from this picture Jackson still had not fully woken up. I am serious when I say Jackson is not a morning person. This kid would sleep all day if we let him.