Sunday, September 14, 2014

First Day of School

The beginning of school seems to hit us head on every year. You would think I would be used to it by now, but I am always amazed how hard it hits all of us. There is definitely no easing into it. Going from swimming every day and late nights to homework and the after school chaos has been overwhelming. We are slowly getting our bearings and settling into a routine.

 Jackson started 5th grade this year. He is still in the A.L.L. program and for the first time has a guy teacher,Mr. Ferre, which he loves. He has professed that 5th grade is MUCH harder than 4th grade! I am very thankful that he is such a disciplined kid. It makes the late night homework sessions so much easier. I keep reminding him that he will be that much more prepared and farther ahead in junior high and high school. I hope I am right! upload

 Emerson has started 3rd grade and has Ms. Sweat. A new elementary school opened up and our school was split in half this year. Last year their were 8, 2nd grade classes. It was crazy. With the new school open, for the first time Emerson has a class full of her neighborhood friends. There are 7 kids from the ward in her class. It makes for a really fun year for her and she loves every minute of being with her friends. I worry that she will have a hard time focusing, but so far it has been great. upload

 Logan is in Kindergarten with Mrs.Gasser. He was so excited. I was so worried it wouldn't live up to all of his expectations, but it seems to be a perfect fit.  He is making so many new friends and the most exciting thing for him is riding his bike to school. He feels very grown up and loves it. upload upload

upload

 Finally two weeks after the other kids started school it was Sadie's turn. I was so sad last year when our beloved preschool teacher moved. I was pretty nervous to send her to another preschool but Ms. Tina has been great. Sadie is so shy and very attached but she has been great to go. She loves it and it makes me happy. I have to admit I have been loving having two days a week to workout. It has been so nice to be able to sleep in and workout later in the day. It has been harder than I thought letting her go and I am always so excited to pick her up and see her, but I really think she is opening up and talking so much more only after a few times going. Sadie's first day of preschool! She's not quite sure about this whole school thing. upload