Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day of School

Jackson is in 4thgrade! I honestly can hardly stand it. He is doing A.L.L. again this year. He has a great teacher, Mrs. Zito, which makes driving out to Saratoga Springs worth it. This year is going to be a huge challenge for Jackson.  There is so much that will be required of him. He is such a smart kid and always seems to rise to the challenge!  Jackson is busy with football and scouts.  So between that and an enormous amount of homework he doesn't have much time for anything else. Jason and I both know how lucky we are to have him as our first. He is the best example! He wanted us to measure him before school started this year. He loves it when he gets taller.  Right now he is 55 1/2 inches, but I am sure that is about to change. 
Emerson started 2nd grade and has Mrs. Hix.  She loves it.  One of her best friends is in the class and I don't think she could be any happier.  She is still one of the tallest kids in her class and is 51 and 1/4 inches tall and has lost so many teeth!  She loves babies and little kids.  I love seeing this side of her.  She is a little mother to all of the neighborhood kids and can't wait until she is old enough to babysit.  She loves pet shops and earrings.  She is getting to old for some of her toys, which I hate!  She loves riding her bike and is constantly planning her next play date!
Could this boy be any cuter? I'm pretty obsessed with him. He is so loving  and funny. He is all boy and is so busy! He is in his last year of preschool. He is so ready! We miss him when he's gone, but know he is having the best time. Logan is so tall and has the biggest feet ever! He's 43 1/2 inches tall. We just hope his skinny legs start filling out!
It is just Sadie and I three days a week. It's pretty awesome!  It's amazing what you can get done with just one child. Sadie is definitely a little spit fire, but she can also be so loving and cuddly. She still pretty much hates everyone but family. We have high hopes for her going to nursery every Sunday, but she will have none of that. Good thing we are total suckers and always give in to her.  Sadie is still so little. She's 34 inches and hasn't really grown much over the summer. Hopefully this next year she will start catching up!