Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lucky #7

Emerson turned 7 on Friday.  She had built this day up so much that I was worried that it wouldn't live up to all of her expectations.  Lucky for us, she had a great day (and week, for that matter) celebrating with family and friends.  She has been really wanting to get her ears pierced, and finally I decided why not?  I figured she was ready and wanting to, so let's do it!  She was super nervous and I am a little shocked she went through with it.  She had a little crowd watching her and she just went for it.  She had to do it one and a time, but besides a little bit of tears, she was so brave!  That is the thing about Emerson.  She is fearless.  She faces things head on and just goes for it.  There is no wavering or convincing with her.  Emerson always knows what she wants and is definitely not persuaded otherwise.  Although sometimes it drives me nuts, I know it is one of the best things about her.  I love this girl.  She is kind, thoughtful, creative, and loyal.  She loves her family and friends and lets them know it all of the time.  I love you Emerson, and know this is going to be a lucky year for you!