My mom had a stroke on Sunday morning. It was a complete shock and has really been a scary time for our family. My mom had a rough first day but since Sunday has been making awesome progress. It's amazing what you learn when something terrible like this happens. In the past two days I have learned:
- I love my mom. My mom is a fighter! She is unbelievably strong and has been working so hard to regain her strength and speech.
- My dad is amazing. He is such a calming influence in our family and truly loves my mom.
- Cell phones need to be on, always! I could not get a hold of any of my sibling right after it happened and it was so frustrating.
- I apparently can't make decisions. I never realized how much I rely on my mom. I can honestly say that I pretty much run everything by my mom, and these past two days I haven't been able to decide on anything.
- Prayer works. I can't even begin to count the number of people that have been praying on my mom's behalf. It is overwhelming to think about the number of people that love my mom and have been praying for her.
- We have a loving Heavenly Father who is a God of miracles and is completely aware of us and our lives.
I know my mom is strong and will get through this and I am just so thankful for all that we have been blessed with these past two days.
