Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Spudman Triathlon

I have had a goal to do a Triathlon for awhile.  It is something I have always wanted to do.  Finally I decided to just go for it.  I am so glad I did.  It was the best racing experience I have had.  Jason and I went down to Burley Friday night. The race was really well organized and the whole town comes out to support and help.  We set up my transitions Friday night.  I was very nervous and it took me awhile.  I wanted to make sure I had everything exactly right.  I was so glad Jason was with me. He helped my figure everything out and was awesome the whole weekend.  Everything went great.  The swim was by far the easiest for me.  I loved it.  The current definitely helped.  I struggled on the bike towards the end. My lack of training on it began to show the last couple of miles. The run thankfully was awesome. I felt so good the entire time.  I am really glad I did it and so glad I had the guts to just go for it.  It made me thankful to have a body that moves and is healthy.  I am even more grateful for Jason.  I loved being able to spend the weekend with him. He was such a great support during the whole thing. I can't wait for next year!


upload upload upload