Jackson in deep into his basketball season. He is doing so good, and scoring a ton. He is a hustler and always the hardest worker out there. Basketball and sports in general bring out a different side of Jackson. One that he doesn't normally show, and his competitiveness sometimes gets the best of him. He has also started reading the Book of Mormon on his own this year. He has been making such great progress and making us all feel like slackers. Jackson is excelling in school. I am always nervous about his new class and the new challenges he is facing. He rarely talks about it so I have a hard time gauging how he feels about it. We had parent teacher conferences and his teacher assured us that he is doing great and is a leader in his class. It definitely has been a challenge, and sometimes Jackson's lack of organization drives me insane, but he got all A's and is testing grade levels ahead in all areas, so I find that I really can't complain too much. 
Jackson and Emerson are attached at the hip. They really are best friends and I hope they know how lucky they are. Emerson isn't always the easiest, but Jackson seems to have an endless supply of patience. Emerson is in between basketball and spring soccer. It has been nice to have some down time with her. She is the best big sister to Sadie and I love her for that. She will get her out her crib in the morning and feed her breakfast. She will even get her dressed and do her hair. It is awesome! It is hard to get to frustrated with her when she is so much help. She has been working hard on controlling her emotions. I try to remind myself that she is a typical girl, but sometimes it drives me crazy. Luckily those occurrences are becoming rarer and her personality is able to shine a little more. She has the biggest heart and makes friends so easily. I honestly think it is one of her greatest talents. Wherever we go she is always surrounded by girls she just met. Her teacher loves her and had nothing but good things to say at her conference. Jason and I love going to those because it is always nice to be reassured that you are a good parent and you are raising really good kids.

Things are starting to click with Logan in regards to school. He seems to always be coming home lately from preschool with something new he has learned. He recited the whole Pledge of Allegiance to us the other day and I don't think Jason or I have ever been prouder. He can get into so much trouble! He has been testing his limits and can destroy a room faster than anyone I know. He loves dressing up in super hero costumes and hates taking them off. It has become a battle I have quickly learned is not worth fighting. He loves to sing. He especially loves all the songs he is learning in Primary. He is always asking the words to one song or another.
Sadie is adorable. She is talking so much. She is definitely my earliest and best talker. She can say complete sentences, and Jason and I both think she is a genius! She has discovered Dora and man has it been awesome. She will sit and watch it as long as I will let her. She still so little and petite, but can throw a fit like nobody's business. Jason and I both are amazed and the anger that can come out of such a little body. It frightens us a little for the future, but it is hard not to give her what she wants because she is so cute!


Jason has been coaching the YM basketball and is playing in league as well. He loves it. I think if he could he would do it all day, everyday. Thankfully work has been going great and he doesn't have the time. He has been so busy and has had a lot of success. It is so good to see all of his hard work pay off. I am so proud of him and all of the time he puts in for our family. He really is the best dad and husband. I am amazed that even with how busy he is, he always put us first.
(My running buddies. Yes it was freezing! 14 degrees makes for rough running)
I am really working on getting better organized. I seem to always be forgetting about one thing or another. I am still running and love it. I have signed up for some pretty tough races and am just hoping to survive. I started going to a quiltling group, which I love. I have no clue what I am doing but am loving learning something new. I am still in scouts, and continue to like it. I have it down, and have a great partner so it makes everything better.
I am really working on getting better organized. I seem to always be forgetting about one thing or another. I am still running and love it. I have signed up for some pretty tough races and am just hoping to survive. I started going to a quiltling group, which I love. I have no clue what I am doing but am loving learning something new. I am still in scouts, and continue to like it. I have it down, and have a great partner so it makes everything better.
Life is really good.