Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mt. Timpanogos

Yesterday I hiked to the top of Mt. Timpanogos.   Alisha and Clint were hiking it, so I decided to tag along.  I honestly did not know what to expect.  I had so much fun!  It definitely was way harder and so much scarier than I had expected.  I am so glad I did it, and really do think it is something everyone should do at least once.
We left our homes at 3:45am and started hiking around 4:45.  It took us 9 hours to climb to the top and get back down, and here is a major picture overload to document our day of hiking.
 The sun just beginning to rise, about an hour into the hike.
 This area is called the Meadow.  The flowers were everywhere and so beautiful. You can see the top of Timp in the background.

 At the Saddle with Alisha and her sister, Kara.  It was so cold and windy.
This is the view from the Saddle to the top, you can see the shack at the top.



This is my, I am really happy to finally be at the top, but am really freaking out right now face.  I was fine climbing up the last stretch until I stopped and realized how high I really was.

 The brave ones of the group who climbed to the very top.
The views from the top.


   Clint and Alisha.  I am so lucky to have these two as friends, and am so happy they let me do this with them!