Jackson started 2nd grade today. I think he was excited, it is always hard to tell with him. When I dropped him off he told me I could go, but then decided maybe I should just wait over on the side until his friends came. I love that he still wants me around. He broke his collarbone last week playing soccer so now he has to wear a big brace under his shirt. He did really well with it until he realized he won't be able to play at recess with is friends. For a boy in 2nd grade recess is everything! Hopefully it will heal quickly and he will be back to playing soccer before the season ends.
Jackson wanted me to measure him before the start of school to see how much he grows this year. He is 50 inches and 52 pounds. It always amazes me how much they grow every year and this boy could use to gain a few pounds.
Emerson starts kindergarten next week, so we still have one more week of summer left.