
Please feel free to skip this post, but since this is our family journal I wanted to make sure and post Sadie's birth story. I was scheduled for an amniocentesis on Monday April 11 and then would be induced the following day. I felt really good about it and had are plans all set to deliver her on Tuesday. When we got the results back they were not good. Her lungs were not ready and the perinatologist said that I would just have to wait and go into labor. I was crushed. I honestly didn't think I could go one more day. After the amnio I had a non stress test and the baby hadn't been responding well to the contractions that I had been having. I was admitted to labor and delivery for further monitoring, but figured I would have to wait it out. My only hope was my ob. He hated me being pregnant and I think he was tired of dealing with my millions of health problems. Sure enough when he came to the hospital and saw how the baby was reacting he decided to induce me right then. He didn't think the baby could tolerate much more. I felt a little bit selfish, but more so relieved. I was started on pitocin and then got the worst epidural I have had. It was a horrible experience. If I wasn't such a wimp and hate the idea of pain I would never get one again. At that point I was dialated to a 2. Shortly after my parents stopped by, and as we were talking I knew I was ready. With in 20 minutes I went from a 2 to a 10. It honestly frightens me how fast I dialate and was so thankful I was already at the hospital and not at home. I barely pushed once and she was here. Her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck 3 times causing all of the problems. I do have to say that I love my doctor. This is the second pregnancy I have had problems during delivery and both times he responded with such calm reassurance. I really feel like he was prompted to induce me. Since things moved so quickly my poor parents were caught up in all of the action and stayed for the delivery along with Jason. It made Sadie's birth that much more special. This was definitely the most emotional Jason or I have been for any of the birth's of our children. I think the way she came and the quickness of it all caught us off guard. We both know how lucky and truly blessed we are. We love our family so much and know that Sadie will be so loved. I love the sweet spirit that has been felt in out home since she has arrived and can't wait to see her little personality grow.